The Allhelgon church in Malmberget is a stone church with wooden furnishings and a roof made of cutter shavings. The church is designed by the architect Hakon Ahlberg and was funded by LKAB. The church was opened by Bishop Bengt Jonzon during All Saints Day in 1944 and was replacing the former Mine Chapel. In 1974 the church was moved to its present location due to the iron ore mine expanding under the ground where it was previously located. The roof of the church is decorated with beautiful paintings representing the tree of life in paradise with vines as a symbol of Christ and roses for the Virgin Mary. The windows painted by Einar Forseth represent the biblical story and local religious persons such as Pehr Högström, Johan Raatamaa, and Lars Levi Laestadius. The bell tower is made of wood and holds two bells.
The Allhelgon church
Visiting address: Masgatan 13, 983 31 Malmberget
Photo by Daniel Olausson