Traveling to Gällivare
- Information about the Coronavirus (Covid-19) – press here
You can choose between different alternatives if you want to travel by train. Vy night train from Stockholm via Boden or from Narvik via Kiruna. Norrtåg from Umeå, Luleå or Kiruna. In the summer you can also travel to Gällivare with Inlandsbanan from Östersund.
- Buy ticket & timetable – visit vy.se
- Buy ticket & timetable: Gällivare Tourist Center (Railway station), available during our opening hours.
- Information about Inlandsbanan – visit inlandsbanan.se
The airline company Nordica operates the flight route Gällivare-Arvidsjaur-Stockholm/Stockholm-Arvidsjaur-Gällivare starting 15 September 2018.
- Buy flight tickets, prices, and timetables – press here
- Timetables and other information – contact Lapland Airport, phone: +46 (0)970-780 00
- Taxi transfer to airport – Gällivare Taxi, phone: +46(0)970-100 00, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Länstrafiken Norrbotten drives to Gällivare every day (cash-free bus).
- Timetable and tickets for the regional bus – visit ltnbd.se
- Gällivare city bus – press here for timetable
The European highways E10 from Luleå or Kiruna, or E45 through the inland, via Östersund and Jokkmokk, leads to Gällivare.
Get around in Gällivare
Gällivare is a large municipality with about 16 000 sq. km. Within the municipality, we have the mountain region, the countryside, and the city. There is a lot to discover and experience. You can get around in Gällivare by the local bus, taxi, or by bike.
- Gällivare city & regional map 2020 – press here to read the digital map, you can also pick up a physical copy for free at Gällivare Tourist Center.
- Gällivare city bus (cash and card accepted) – press here for timetable
Travel to the mountain area
- Accommodation in STF’s mountain cabins must be pre-booked – press here for more information
- Opening hours for STF’s mountain cabins 2021 – press here for more information
- Boat departures for M/S Langas (Saltoluokta – Kebnats – Stora Sjöfallet) – press here for more information
- Timetable for the regional bus – visit ltnbd.se
- Buy a ticket for the regional bus – visit sj.se
- Helicopter transfer by Fiskflyg AB – press here for more information
- Gällivare Taxi – phone: +46 (0)970-100 00
- Svea Taxi – phone: +46 (0)970-123 45
Svea Taxi offers a taxi to Kiruna Airport from Gällivare for 2200 SEK (fixed price)
Svea Taxi offers a taxi to Luleå Airport from Gällivare for 4200 SEK (fixed price)
*Maximum passenger: 4
Car rental companies in Gällivare