A stone’s throw from Gällivare center is the former mining community Nautanen. The copper deposit in
Nautanen was discovered in 1898. A mining company was formed in 1900 and mining operations were conducted between
the years 1902-1908. There, an entire mining community grew up with mines, an industrial area, and even an entire society for the workers. Today you can see the house foundations after the community, the remains after the copper mine, and the smelter from the beginning of the 20th century. The area has a great cultural-historical value.
Join me on a guided tour, we wander around in beautiful nature and feel the wings of history.
- Meeting point: start on request at Gällivare Turistcenter
- Price: 525 SEK/person, 50% discount for children up to 12 years
*Includes “Swedish fika” and transportation
- Participants: minimum 3 peoples, maximum 4 peoples
- Length: Approximately 2-3 hours
- Important information: The guided tour is only on request, contact the company in advance for more information.