Between 1 June until 10 July, you can watch the midnight sun about 800 meters above sea level on the mountain Dundret, about 20 minutes drive from central Gällivare in Swedish Lapland. After 10 July, it is still bright during the evenings with a beautiful sunset over Gällivare. During the late summer, the colorful autumn colors will repaint the landscape.
Sverige Taxi offers a round-trip transfer from Gällivare Resecentrum to the top of Dundret. For one hour you have the opportunity to see this light phenomenon and the beautiful view of Gällivare. It is possible to see 1/11 of Sweden’s surface and the country’s highest mountain Kebnekaise in clear weather. Feel free to bring warm clothes with some food and beverage, there are several benches placed along Toppleden next to the road towards the top.
For more information about Dundret read the County Administrative Board’s Norrbotten brochure at lansstyrelsen.se.
Booking of the tour takes place on-site at Gällivare Tourist Center during opening hours or directly via Sverige Taxi (Gällivare Taxi) on phone +46 (0)970-100 00.
- Meeting place: Gällivare Resecentrum (train station)
- Price: 650 SEK/car, same price for a small car (1-4 passengers) and large car (5-8 passengers)
- Participants: One to eight persons
- Length: One hour, starts any time
- Important information: In the current circumstances, there is only one party per car.
Photo: Amanda Tullnär