Reindeer adventure through Swedish Lapland’s old forests with your own reindeer
At the historic farm in Solberget/Biejvenoajvve, new discoveries await you. The farm’s trained draft and cargo reindeer will take you on an unforgettable cultural experience and a forest adventure. We walk together with the reindeer from Vildmarksbyn out into nature where we make fire and barbeque. The area around Solberget is a nice old forest!
When you arrive at the farm, you will first get to know the reindeer and know more about these fantastic Arctic animals. How have they been used as draft and cargo animals in Sami nomadic life? And what role did the reindeer play in the historical shipments of iron ore from mines?
After an introduction on how to walk with the reindeer, we head out into the beautiful surrounding old-growth forest. The reindeer are present throughout the tour and enrich our nature experience through their calm temperament.
At a cozy campsite, we take a break to try one of the locals’ favorite activities when you are out in nature – stop to make a fire, make coffee and provide yourself with something well cooked over the open fire. A natural and important part of Arctic life close to nature.
Together we make real forest coffee by the campfire, served together with a local favorite cake. Over the open fire, we grill one of the locals’ favorite sausages that tastes extra good when cooked and eaten outdoors in the traditional way.
This tour is suitable for everyone, young and old, who wants to learn more and test the tranquil forest life close to nature and enjoy nature at a leisurely pace far away from civilization.
The wilderness village Solberget is located in an undisturbed and secluded location, in the middle of the forest surrounded by several unique nature reserves and with 20 km to the nearest neighbor.
Two people take care of a reindeer together and take turns leading it. The whole trip takes approx. 3-4 hours.
- Place: Solberget 1, 982 06 Nattavaara
- Price: 1200 SEK/adult, excluding travel to Solberget. Children up to 15 years are free in the company of an adult, a maximum of two children per adult. We also offer a shorter tour: approx. 1.5 hours without grilling. Price then is 700 SEK/adult. Children up to 15 years free of charge in the company of an adult.
- Participants: Minumum 2 adult peoples
- Length: About 3 to 4 hours
- Important information: The daily tours start on the first of August, time for the tour is by appointment. Bookings must be made at least 12 hours in advance.
Photo: Jochen Oetinger