LKAB has decided to cancel all mining tours until further notice due to the Coronavirus
Visit the mine LKAB in Malmberget and get an insight into one of Sweden’s most important industries. The tour starts with a presentation of the mining process, followed by a guided underground mine tour down to the lowest part of the Malmberget mine at 1250 meters underground. The tour is in both Swedish and English.
- Place: Gällivare Tourist Center
- Price (adult): 300 SEK/person
- Price (Youth, student or senior): 200 SEK/person
- Participants: Up to 6 or 34 participants, depending on vehicle type
- Length: Three hours
- Important information: LKAB has decided to cancel all mining tours until further notice due to the Coronavirus. The age limit is 12 years. Youth price is between ages 12-17. Students need to show a student ID-card. Senior price from 65 years. Tour Includes transfer and required safety equipment. For safety reasons, guests need to master Swedish or English language and be able to identify themselves. Payment must be made on-site at Gällivare Tourist Center in the train station no later than 30 minutes before departure.
*In case of non-payment, 50% of the amount will be charged. We accept the cards (Mastercard, Visa, and Maestro), cash (only Swedish kronor/SEK), and Swish. LKAB is responsible for safety during the mining tours and has accident insurance covering the visitors. However, it does not cover damage to private property during the visit. The times for the mining tours are determined by LKAB and can be changed or canceled without prior notice. The scheduled bus times applied were considered as prioritized from a planning considerations point of view. Force majeure; Neither Gällivare Tourist Center nor LKAB are liable for injury due to government action, war event, riot, a general shortage of means of transport, general shortage of goods, labor market conflict, or other events outside the control of the companies. In such a situation, LKAB and Gällivare Turistcenter will do everything possible to limit the operational and financial consequences.
Gällivare Tourist Center
Visiting address: Centralplan 4, 982 36 Gällivare
Phone: +46 (0)970-102 20
Photo Per Juntti