Dog sledding tour and visit to the mountain and Sami museum Ájtte in combination with a ski trip
- The wilderness village Solberget as a base camp
- 2-day dog sledding with an overnight stay
- Sami evening
- Visit the world-famous Ice Hotel in Jukkasjärvi (optional)
- Visit the mountain and Sami museum Ájtte in Jokkmokk
- Excursion with reindeer sleigh
During the first days, we explore the surroundings of Vildmarksbyn and practice skiing, we relax in the sauna and prepare for our adventure with a dog sled. In addition, we get to know the reindeer on Solberget and make an excursion with reindeer: we glide through the snow-covered landscape on sleds that the reindeer pull.
Then we set off with dog sleds on our two-day long dog sled adventure. We travel for two days and spend the night in a small cabin or in a tent. It is also possible to try a snowshoe ride.
In Jokkmokk we visit the mountain and Sami museum Ájtte. We can also spend an evening around the fire in a hut and listen to stories and Sami songs from a Sami man.
If you want, we can also visit the world-famous Ice Hotel in Jukkasjärvi (with the possibility of staying overnight at your own expense).
The price includes:
- Pick up from Nattavaara station
- Ski equipment and snowshoe equipment
- Maps of the surroundings
- Introduction course at approx. 13:00 the first day
- Reindeer feeding
- Full board with specialties from Lapland (dinner the first day to lunch the day of departure), partly organic food (KRAV-labeled)
- Four nights in cozy dormitory rooms (double room costs SEK 80 extra per person and night)
- An overnight stay in a tent with a stove / small cottage during the trip and an overnight stay in Jokkmokk’s hostel or in a cottage.
- Sami evening
- A guided ski tour – 3 hours
- An excursion with a reindeer sleigh – 1 hour
- 2-day dog sledding with an overnight stay in a tent or cabin
- Visit the mountain and Sami museum Ájtte in Jokkmokk incl. “today’s lunch”
- Travel between Jokkmokk and Solberget
- Place: Solberget 1, 982 06 Nattavaara
- Price: Visit solberget.com for current package prices
- Participants: Minimum of two people
- Length: Four days
- Important information: During the stay in Jokkmokk there is no guide. The dinner in Jokkmokk is not included in the price. All activities are easy to moderately strenuous. However, it is physically strenuous and you must be able to help get on the sled by kicking and sometimes running.
If we spend the night in a cabin, we sleep in mixed rooms mixed with men and women. The cottages are heated by wood, they are without electricity and running water. If the night is spent in a canvas tent, it is heated by a wood stove and we all sleep in the same tent on reindeer skins in warm sleeping bags. There is an outdoor toilet by the cabins, but by the tent, we dig holes in the snow.
No previous dog sledding experience required.