Fairytale-like Christmas in Solberget together with Santa’s reindeer
- The wilderness village Solberget as a base camp
- Short excursion with reindeer and sleigh
- Sami evening
- Guided skiing tour
- Visit the mountain and Sami museum Ájtte in Jokkmokk or the ice hotel in Jukkasjärvi (on request)
Christmas time at the Arctic Circle is an indescribable fairytale landscape; the forest is located under a thick blanket of snow that sparkles in the cold, total silence, and an incredible calm reigns over the wilderness village. Christmas in Swedish Lapland is celebrated with about six hours of daylight, indescribable sky colors during the day, and the mysterious northern lights at night.
Up here in Lapland, Santa is free from all his missions and can far away from the Christmas stress relax, and celebrate in completely untouched nature.
With us in Solberget, Santa teaches you how to take care of his animals: On reindeer sleds, you travel through the very special atmospheric northern Swedish nature at Christmas time.
In the evening you will be visited by an old Sami who has lived his whole life as a reindeer herder. He will tell you about his experiences and you will have the chance to learn all about the Sami culture, in the middle of its origins, and told directly by someone who has lived his whole life in this culture.
In addition, there is the opportunity to visit the world-famous ice hotel in Jukkasjärvi or spend a day at the mountain and Sami museum Ájtte in Jokkmokk.
This trip is for all of you who want to escape all the Christmas hustle and bustle at home and instead spend some quiet and atmospheric days in Lapland. That is why the program contains relatively little “entertainment”, but if desired, other activities can be booked directly on site. On Christmas Eve, there will deliberately be no special Christmas program, but clearly, we will put up some Christmas decorations and fix a good dinner. If desired, the participants can make Christmas programs themselves.
Of course, there are skis to borrow so you can explore Solberget’s surroundings on your own. We also offer guided tours.
Maybe you also want to try spending a night in a small wooden cottage on the house mountain?
We offer you to spend some calm and atmospheric Christmas days in Solberget with us. Here you can directly experience on-site the charm and magic that prevails around Santa Claus and his reindeer.
The price includes:
- Pick up from Nattavaara station
- Ski equipment
- Maps of the surroundings
- Introduction course approx. at 13:00 the first day
- Reindeer feeding
- Full board with specialties from Lapland (dinner the first day to lunch the day of departure), partly organic food (KRAV-labeled)
- Overnight stay in cozy dormitory rooms (double room costs 80 SEK extra per person and night)
- Sami evening
- Three guided ski tours in three hours
- Reindeer program with reindeer sleigh ride of about an hour
- Visit of a reindeer separation if possible (petrol is paid for by the participants)
- Place: Solberget 1, 982 06 Nattavaara
- Price: Visit solberget.com for current package prices
- Participants: Minimum two peoples
- Lenght: Six days during the period 19 December 2020 to 26 December 2020
- Important information: Child price applies to own children up to 15 years. All other children pay 75% of the adult price
Photo: Sandra Peter