Travelling to Gällivare
You can choose between different alternatives if you want to travel by train. SJ night train via Stockholm and Boden or Narvik and Kiruna, or Norrtåg from Luleå or Kiruna. In the summertime you can travel with Inlandsbanan from Östersund to Gällivare.
- Buy ticket & timetable – website: sj.se
- Buy ticket & timetable: Gällivare Tourist Center (Railway station), available during our opening hours.
- Information about Inlandsbanan – website: inlandsbanan.se
Länstrafiken Norrbotten drives to Gällivare every day (cash-free bus).
- Timetable for regional bus – website: ltnbd.se
- Buy ticket for regional bus – website: sj.se
- Buy ticket for regional bus & timetable: Gällivare Tourist Center (Railway station), available during our opening hours.
The European highways E10 from Luleå or Kiruna, or E45 through the midland, via Östersund and Jokkmokk, leads to Gällivare.
Get around in Gällivare
Gällivare is a large municipality, about 16 000 sq. km. Within the municipality we have the mountain region, the countryside and the city. There is a lot do discover and experience. You can get around in Gällivare by the local bus, taxi or by bike.
- Gällivare city & regional map 2018: Digital map, also available for free as physical copy at Gällivare Tourist Center.
- Local bus timetable (valid until 15/6-18): Falcks Bus (cash and card accepted).
Buy your local bus pass directly on the bus.
- Boats in the mountain area – website: svenskaturistforeningen.se
- Gällivare Taxi – phone: +46 (0)970-100 00
- Svea Taxi – phone: +46 (0)970-123 45
Svea Taxi offer taxi to Kiruna Airport from Gällivare for 2200 sek (fixed price)
Svea Taxi offer taxi to Luleå Airport from Gällivare for 4200 sek (fixed price)
*Maximum passenger: 4
Car rental companies